Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fitness and Self Defence with Elitez Mixed Martial Arts

It took me just 1 hour to fall in love with it. My long-time perception that martial arts is a brutal activity that would produce beastly ladies actually took an unexpected turn! I did not realized that this is actually what I have been looking for until I attended the first Muay Thai class at the Elitez Martial Arts School. Full of action for sure and beneficial in many ways.

 6 top reasons why I am taking up mixed martial arts classes
Me at the muay thai class

1. Sweat out the calories
The idea of the Muay Thai class is not to be smothered in blood like in the Thai movies. Instead, you will be glistening in sweat! Even if you are Ice Queen, you are guaranteed to perspire in class...a lot! This is a great relief for me as my sweat glands hibernate in the Artic-like office environment every day. With all the punches and kicks, I immediately feel healthier and lighter.
Coach Andy Teh leading the class

2. Fun and action-packed
Cannot take the slow pace of yoga? People who cannot get enough of action like yours truely will love mixed martial arts classes. Music is always in the gym to get you rovving. Although I dislike betraying my jogging routine which I have always thought of as THE way of getting my dose of exercise, I have to say, the mixed martial arts is much more exciting. And yes my classmates definitely contribute to my motivation!
You don't have to worry if you have completely no background in martial arts. The coaches are definitely kind enough to understand. 
Andy Teh teaches us from the basics- jab, cross, hook, uppercut!
Knee and kick!

3. Self-defence
I have always been forced to walk alone after work (wish my boss was seeing this =P) And with the alarming crime happenings, what would you say a lady's choice of protection is? An umbrella, a pepper spray or a burly boyfriend? What about self-defence skills- a tool that you will never be without because YOU are the best protection for yourself. The class trains me to be stronger and quicker in encountering attackers. I will take up the Brazillian Jiu Jitsu next which is said to be very effective in bringing down your opponent bigger than you are!
Crunches done
Punching excercise

4. Stress reliever
To my surprise, after the class, I felt much lighter not only because energy was churned up but my stress released. Every person's method of destressing differs. If you realize that wine, aromatherapy or spa cannot help, try punching bags. Works like a miracle for me!
Feels so good to get those extra energy out

5. Tone up in style
Just after 1 hour of Muay Thai, I could feel aches in my muscles and those are the aches that I am actually looking for! Planks, crunches, sit-ups are incorporated during training to get those toned and sexy limbs. And oh yes, to kick and punch snazzily in style  has always been my goal too.


6. Join any class at one affordable fee
What I like about Elitez Mixed Martial Arts School is that it is fuss free. Only 1 fee a month and I am entitled to different types of martial art classes on any weekday from 7pm to 11pm. With my busy schedule, fixed-day weekly classes would tantamount to me skipping many sessions and eventually wasting money. The flexibility of Elitez School makes me feel welcomed to get fit at my discretion. 

Elitez Mixed Martial Arts School provides:
  • Muay Thai
  • Kickboxing
  • Bootcamp
  • Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Klang Branch
Lot 10998, Jalan Sungai Jati
41000 Klang
Selangor Darul Ehsang
(Inside Arena Sport Complex)

Setia Alam Branch
No 8-4 (Level 4)
Setia Avenue, Jalan Setia Prima,
S U13/S, Setia Alam, Shah Alam,

Kelana Jaya Branch
G-2-09,
Jalan SS 6/16A, Dataran Glomac,
Kelana Jaya, 47301
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Check out their classes at http://elitezmma.com.my/ or www.facebook.com/ElitezGFT/ or call 017-2538049


1 comment: