Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Top of KOMTAR @ Penang

Penang has always donned the impression of being demure and steadily attracting visitors with its wealth of heritage and plethora of famed food. Now visitors get ready to see Penang's rugged side. The historical KOMTAR now offers exciting new parks and activities, breaking its pattern of drawing only history-appreciating visitors.

Although I thought I'd be fussing over a heritage site and adding to the queue of a well-lauded food stall, my trip to Penang via the SuperStar Gemini this time is all about the vertigo at KOMTAR.

Dare you take the challenge?
KOMTAR, Penang's tallest building and well known for being named after Malaysia's second prime minister, has been given a fresh topping of another 3 floors making it 68 floors high. Aptly named The Top, it now homes Malaysia's highest glass sky-walk and the highest rope course in the world!

Those who are itching for a jolt in life, looking for something to shock the body's fibers can give Gravityz a try. Gravityz grants participants the opportunity to walk at the brink of its 68th floor- the perfect challenge if you want to put your guts to the test.
Three more floors has been added to KOMTAR
George and Pearl. Guess the origins of their names.
360 deg view of the Pearl of the Orient
Look out for aerial view of your favourite place in Penang
Add caption
We warmed up at the beautiful Sky Bridge made of glass that doesn't hide the truth below the feet.

The experience made me realize that humans, although always demanding for the truth, may not be able to stomach it. We wouldn't be cringing and taking every step like we are going to plunge down if the bridge was opaque. Ignorance is bliss proves very true.

When sitting is no easy task although I very well know that the bridge is well engineered
Can you handle the truth?
One thing I am sure that is not ignored is safety. Gravityz ensures that the double harness protection is upped to a third which means the harness is tested to suspend an equivalent of 3 elephants. Gravityz has 7 safety awards under its belt and well qualified wardens. 

Although looking as if they have just came off age, the wardens took every procedure seriously and were working with the harnesses with much familiarity. Once out of the building, they were prancing at the ledge without qualms as if the elevation did not exist. It gave me jitters just looking at them shift from one platform to another. By hiring youths as wardens, it gives fence-sitters confidence that if they can do it, anyone can. 

Although I convinced myself very hard that it is just ONE step without looking down, I was totally paralyzed!
Absorb it all at the High Bench
Walking on the metal ledge gives a surreal experience. I could not believe I was out in the open where I can see birds eye to eye. The ant-sized cars on the streets down there made me giddy with the fact that I was very high from the ground. The wardens will give simple suggestions that will surprisingly heighten the experience. A mere shift of sight while walking over the platform can totally paralyze! 

Every time I looked down seemed to wake me up from a partial faint. Because of that, I suggest that you prepare to video your journey up there so that you can look back at the experience as you may be too overwhelmed by both the vertigo and scenery to remember it all.

Crossing ends with a mini zip line
Take a respite on the reclining chair called the G Rocky if you dare
Happy faces after waves of shock
At the top of the world!
Managed a victorious pose after the challenges
Gravityz, made me feel like a champion who just conquered the world. It is indeed the kind of booster that I need occasionally to continue my tenacity in facing daily challenges. 
Remember to check out the pot of gold
On the luckiest chair in the world
Reminiscing the experience at Top View Lounge
Malaysia Boleh!
For bookings and more information, visit https://www.thegravityz.com



No comments:

Post a Comment