Friday, November 9, 2018

My Journey of Starting the Day Strong with Dutch Lady Milk

I cannot imagine life without milk. I mean...how can you? It is the one thing that human babies depend on 100% to grow at least for the first 6 months of their lives.  Milk has been one of my favourite foods even before the Dutch Lady Breakfast Challenge. Other than its nutrients, my favourite reason milk is a staple in my refridgerator is that it is yummy! I like the versatility of this white beverage as it can be drunk just like that, married with cereal or just about any cookie and biscuit.

When pairing it with sweet food, it neutralizes the cloying taste. If you notice, its bodied texture makes the meal more fulfilling than with plain water. Which is why milk makes excellent company with cakes and kuihs. Other than with sweet food, milk is also a wonderful ingredient for savoury picks. To those who likes the kick of spicy food but cannot resist the waterworks, a glass of milk will help too. Milk is omniuse like that! 

When it comes to choosing the brand of choice, Dutch Lady is a no-brainer. It has been trusted for years since my grandparents' generation. I trust it for its freshness, for its taste and for its process that retains all nutrients of milk. 

Dutch Lady Breakfast Challenge pack
Although I did not have to wait for the Dutch Lady Breakfast Challenge to love milk- full cream milk to be exact (no cream, no fun), the challenge was an opportunity to explore more food pairings with milk. While getting my creative juices (result of fortifying my mind with milk) working, milk made a double impression on me that it does complete our meals with sufficient nutrients that our body needs. Sometimes, milk is so complete that it can stand alone as the main food while other  accompany it. 

This is what milk does:
  • It builds your bone density and strengthens teeth with calcium
  • Builds and repairs the body with proteins
  • Gives you energy 
  • Helps bone health with Vitamin D (alternative to going out in the sun)
  • Helps maintain healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue with Vitamin B12
  • Balances the immune system, maintain good vision and skin with Vitamin A
  • Helps convert food into energy with Vitamin B12
  • Metabolizes sugars and fatty acid with Niacin

In fact, if you do it right and replace meals with milk, it can help with weight loss!


***DAY 1***


My journey with Dutch Lady breakfast challenge was a fun one. Starting with appreciating Malaysian food on Day 1, I washed down the mee goreng mamak with some Dutch Lady Pure Farm Milk instead of teh tarik or kopi tarik. It kept me full the whole day till dinner. Saved a lunch fare there! Taste wise, it is unconventionally delicious!

Having a mee goreng mamak while overlooking the city of Kuala Lumpur


***DAY 2***
I am always on the go...ALWAYS! But I cannot function without breakfast. Some instant oats and milk always saves my day...or job! On day 2, I shared my quick and powerful breakfast fix so that it saves your day too! Some nuts or fruits would make it more sprightly. If not, the oats is just as good with some Dutch Lady Pure Farm Milk! You don't even need to keep it overnight as the oats soaked in milk is ready in just 1/2 hour. Oats keeps you full and releases energy slowly so that you keyboard warriors can fight that annoying fatigue.


My breakfast when I am rushing to work- instant oats with milk and nuts or fruits

***DAY 3***
Apart from working very hard in the office, I am plagued by wanderlust. Different places brings me different forms of breakfast. As mentioned, breakfast is a must for me. So however weird or unfamiliar the food that is served, I will consume. Nutritional facts of the food may not always be known. Milk always comes in handy as I know that it will be ready to backup for the lack of nutrients the food that I am having. It also helps that the most profusely found brand in the most remote of areas is Dutch Lady Pure Farm Milk. A balanced breakfast always keeps me exploring!

Teochew ang gu kuih (red kuih) in Kampung Sungai Burung, Bagan Datoh, Perak
My breakfast in Kg Sungai Burung fishing village is packed solid with nutrients with milk and kept me exploring

***DAY 4***
Wash the Monday blues away with some blue milk! Now who says good food is boring? Some blue milk perhaps? I love making my food look out of this world when I have the time. It makes the day much more fun and Instagrammable! Go au naturale with some blue pea flowers from my garden. Adults will adore it as much as the kids. Next, perhaps some green milk from pandan leaves? Cannot wait to try!

Make some blue milk with blue pea flowers from my garden


Satisfying breakfast with some egg tarts, blueberry and egg tarts!

***DAY 5***
By day 5, it has already become a habit to get creative with milk for breakfast. This time, I am going to replenish my energy with some smooth mashed potatoes creamed with Dutch Lady Full Cream Milk. Potato is burned quicker in the body, releasing energy for a powerful day. So contrary to common belief, this is not fat food. The dish goes very well with milk and you will be ready to take on any physical challenge for the rest of the day. Try the recipe!


Mashed potato creamed with Dutch Lady Full Cream Milk at the park after exercise gives a wonderful boost for the day


The journey of healthy breakfast with Dutch Lady Pure Farm Milk does not stop here. It is just the beginning to healthier and more productive days ahead! Thank you Dutch Lady Malaysia!

For more nutritional and fun facts about milk, go to https://www.facebook.com/spread.the.goodness.of.milk or https://www.dutchlady.com.my/



1 comment:

  1. Pasteurized Farm Fresh Bottled Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk our honest attempt to serve nutritious, chemical-free and preservative-free milk.

    ReplyDelete