Saturday, August 13, 2016

M Spa and Fitness @ Genting Grand

When stress starts to take toll, I can see the difference in my visage, my work performance and my whole aura. It was too cruel to ignore the screams of my soul. So off I went to the high lands. This time, remedy came in the form of a SPA! That gem tucked in Genting Grand Hotel is too good to be kept a secret.
Spanking M Spa display area
Entrance to M Spa
An alluring walkway into M Spa
M Spa is Resorts World Genting's exclusive spa brand that brings a little heaven to its customers. From the moment I entered the classy space, I was embraced by warm welcome of its Balinese interior. It was quite difficult to pick faults at their impeccable customer service which always came with a smile.
Reception area of M Spa
Elegant Balinese interior
Welcome drink of cucumber, honey and lime already scored 
After a delicious cup of cucumber, honey and lime which silently scored my liking, I explored the well equipped gymnasium and the spacious activity room. Equipments are well oiled and serviced, providing the work out needed for every part of the body. It mirrors a holistic fitness center that will also overlook the FOX theme park in the future!
Fully equipped gymnasium
Very spacious activity room
One thing I must admit that was key to unleash my enjoyment in M Spa is its safety. The first peace of mind is knowing that my belongings like my camera and  cash are safe and accessible at all times. Other than lockers, safe boxes are also available to those who wants to be extra sure of their gold. Wrapped around my wrist, the keyless locker is a such a relief. 
Enjoy a peace of mind with convenient key locks
Clean bathrooms
There are 15 stylish treatment rooms at M Spa and offers services from facials, massages to mani-pedi. Having awards tucked under its belt, M Spa's beauty therapists are all certified by Vermont, a Swiss facial care brand, not only by training but also through proper course theory and examinations. No wonder the flawless professionalism during my treatment!

Awards won by M Spa:

  • The Award of Excellence- Best Spa Concept by Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2005-2006
  • HAPA Hotel Spa of the Year by Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2007-2008
  • Best Spa Design (Hotel/ Resort) by Malaysia Spa and Wellness Awards 2011
  • HAPA Best 10 in MAlaysia- HAPA Indulging Spa of the Year- Tempting Experience (Hotels/ Resorts) by Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2013-2015 Malaysia Series

Manicure studio
Pedicure sofas
Spa pool
Sauna and steam room
Walking in M Spa itself is therapeutic. Every corner is illuminated with soft lighting and oh the smell of ylang ylang that just transports you to Bali! The couple treatment room made me fall in love all over again. Who could resist a romantic massage and jacuzzi with our loved ones.
Therapeutic design
Couple room
Couple foot bath
Romantic couple jacuzzi
Valmont products are used during facial
Well, you don't have to be paired to indulge. I slipped into my slippers and embarked on my private pampering session with just me, myself and I. 
Ready for my divine spa experience!
First, a dip in the spa pool with jacuzzi is compulsory. I immersed myself in the 25-30 deg C pool before soaking in the 30-35 deg C pool. Just by being in water, I felt my stress oozing out of my pores. I could have spent the whole afternoon there but there were more exciting plans in store.
Stylish spa pool
Next was the visit to the steam and sauna room. Relax in the balmy steam room to detach yourself from stress and worry before sweating off toxins at the sauna room. I cannot help but noticing the hygiene maintained in the spa. Definitely no discomfort when it comes to cleanliness!
The pool has a visually calming effect even before I dip in
Benefits of steam bath and sauna [1] [2]
  • soothes mind and body to relieve stress and relax muscles
  • increase body metabolism
  • deep cleanses the skin
  • helps eliminate toxins
  • boosts immune system 
  • relieves discomfort of asthma, allergies and arthritis
  • cleanses the skin
  • enhances blood circulation
  • superior to body wraps
  • enhances development of collagen
Relaxing in the spa pool
The difference between steam bath and sauna is really just dry and wet. Both have health and beauty benefits and it is mostly a matter of personal preference. [3]
The zen TV lounge
Relaxing does not mean prohibiting the remote control
Rewinding at the TV lounge while waiting for my SPA treatment
The highlight of the day finally emerged. My 2 1/2 hour glorious treatment that made me feel like a royalty. I could not stop seeking comfort in their cleanliness. My package that day was the Complete For Her Package that included:
  • 30 minutes body scrub
  • 60 minutes body massage (Balinese massage. Aroma and Lumi-lumi massage also available)
  • 60 minutes facial
Into my spa room that has an ensuite bathroom
Ingredients for my foot bath
Luxurious foot bath and scrub that left my feet velvety smooth
Complimented with a comforting foot massage
My body got the scrub it deserved and it left me completely feeling delicious too. I was close to forgetting I had scrub on me instead of mangoes with the fruity flavour prancing around the whole room the whole time. The scrub was thorough and after shower, every inch of my body felt velvety.

The body massage was heavenly. Service by the masseur, I must say, was of sterling standards as she genuinely made sure of my comfort though out the time asking if the pressure was alright or if the temperature was good. Of course, I rewarded my masseur with a nap. I felt so pampered and comfortable that it was impossible to stay awake! 

I had my masseur Yasmin to thank for my rejuvenated face too. My face was brighter and smoother after the treatment and of course the treatmet left a smile that lasted till my face hit the pillows that day.
Pampered during my facial
My masseur Yasmin who took care of me
Refreshments after the SPA treatment
Rejuvenated!
The relaxing pool dip, comforting steam baths and sauna, the deep Balinese massage strokes truely made me wonder if I have done something good that week to deserve it. The divine pampering was worth the money and definitely isolated my soul from the pressure of the daily grind.
All your personal care taken care of at M Spa and Fitness
Complete for Him/ Her Spa
RM688 nett
30 min body scrub
60 min Valmont Facial
45 min express manicure
45 min express pedicure
(Manicure and pedicure can be exchanged with 60 min body massage)

Resort Hotel Spa Package (valid till 31st December 2016)
RM669 nett for 2 persons
1 night stay + 1 hour body massage

Genting Grand Spa Package (valid till 31st December 2016)
RM1144 nett for 2 persons
1 night stay + 1 hour body massage

Cocoa Remedy
RM428 for members RM538 for non-members
Chocolate wrap treatment that serves to nourish the skin and has detoxifying and anticellulite effects. 
80 minute chocolate body treatment + 60 minutes of body massage

Youth Recall Body Moor Mud
Makes use of a unique healing black magma is warm and aromatic and rich in natural vitamins, minerals and enzimes

Pevonia's Lumafirm Body Firm and Glow Wrap
Has 26 dynamic ingredients including anti-ageing extracts and peptides that are used to repair, hydrate and rejuvenate so that the body is firmer and more toned

M Spa Stress Away 
RM328 for members RM408 for non-members
90 minutes of massage created exclusively for M Spa using essential massage techniques to improve blood circulation, reduce water retention and boost lymphatic system.

Treatments for men and children are also available
Getting ready to walk out refreshed
I was not going to end the divine leisure just like that. A treat at the Bubbles and Bites Genting ensued! Check out my review here.
Fried Avocados at Bubbles and Bites
My juicy medium rare Rib Eye Steak at Bubbles and Bites
M Spa at Genting Grand Hotel
For more information please call 03-27181118 or visit www.rwgenting.com

[1]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik53.htm
[2]http://www.finnleo.com/pages/health-and-wellness.aspx
[3]http://www.livestrong.com/article/153808-sauna-vs-steam-room/


No comments:

Post a Comment