From the days my dad sent me to fetch the blue can to the days I worked offshore, WD-40 always seemed to be the solution. You would concur if you had your squeaky door hinge muted, stiff bicycle chain oiled, rust removed and tools shining like brand new all with same spray.
Best of all, it makes me solve what seems like will take 10 burly guys to do without scratching my manicure. And in case you are wondering, WD-40 doesn't mean the WonDer solution was founded by a 40-year-old person. It stands for Water Displacement at the 40th attempt of creating the recipe. Living up to its name, the American brand very well displaces water, preventing rust and oxidization.
|At Bun Seng Hardware's launch of WD-40 distributorship|
Many brands have attempted to emulate WD-40 whether in performance or packaging but the Real McCoy is always proven through its legendary results. Albeit its millions of uses, WD-40 pushed its limits by producing the Specialist range which is close to packing a mechanic into these cans. Other high performance products would be the Contact Cleaner that zaps out dust in electronics and Air Conditioner Cleaner that is bound to save you that technician's service cost.
|The blue can with red cap|
|WD-40 specialist edition|
|Launch with Datuk Isham Ishak, Deputy Secretary General (Trade), Ministry of International Trade and Industry|
As part of WD-40's expansion plan, Bun Seng Hardware Sdn. Bhd. is appointed as Malaysia's new marketing distributor. The hardware company will undertake the sales and distribution of all products registered under WD-40 including the populare multi-use product, Specialist range and Bike range. WD-40 expects sales of 2 million cans in 2018 with this partnership.
|WD-40 makes my rugged lifestyle easier|
|Content comparison with other brands|
|Water displacement test show that the solution protects the object even underwater|
|The EZ-Reach coming to Asia soon making easy easier|
I have always known of WD-40's extensive uses but the brand has very much exceeded my expectations. The more I learned about its products, the more excited I was thinking about how many more things I could fix at home all by myself, not to mention the amount I would be saving on hiring services.
- A bus driver in Asia used WD-40® to remove a python, which had coiled itself around the undercarriage of his bus.
- Police officers used WD-40® to remove a naked burglar trapped in an air conditioning vent.
- Crayola® Stain Removal Tips recommends using WD-40® to remove (regular) crayon marks from a variety of surfaces.
- The WD-40® Book, featuring many user testimonials and the wacky humor of Jim & Tim, The Duct Tape GuysTM, was published in 1997. The familiar blue and yellow can has been featured in other books ranging from The Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness (General Publishing 1997) Polish Your Furniture With Pantyhose (Hyperion 1995) to WD-40® for the Soul: A Guide To Mending Everything
- Leslie Nielsen portrayed agent Dick Steele (a.k.a., Agent WD-40® ) in the 1996 movie Spy Hard
- WD-40® has a Fan Club with more than 100,000 members. Join today and share your stories, get free, fun downloads, check out the eNewsletter, receive the eTip of the week, and much more...
- As The Duct Tape Guys say, “You only need two tools in life, Duct Tape® and WD-40®. If it’s not stuck and it’s supposed to be, Duct Tape it. If it’s stuck and it’s not supposed to be, WD-40® it.”
Read here for interesting legends and fun facts about WD-40.
|The WD-40 contact cleaner|
|Mom would love the WD-40 grease remover on her stve|
|WD-40 Belt Dressing|
|WD-40 Brake & Parts Cleaner|
|WD-40 Throttle Body, Carb & Choke Cleaner|
|WD-40 AirCond Cleaner|
WD-40 also saw the potential in the niche market of biking dedicating a whole range of products to maintain bicycles. The recipe is adapted specifically to biking needs that professional bikers like Geoff Kabush, Jeremy Powers and Courtenay McFadden vouch for the product.
|WD-40 Bike range|
|Solutions dedicated to bikers|
|The trusted brand|