Monday, June 12, 2017

Day and Night Flawless Looks with Kat Von D by Sephora.com

Flawlessness has always been an alluring feature on the face. Despite lack of embellishment, smooth, clear and uni-tone skin speaks more. Good foundation has always been my interest to form a flawless canvas. This time, I am going to check out Kat Von D's Lock-It Foundation, ironically created by a tattoo artist who cannot bear to leave a bare patch on her skin . However, her foundation, I heard, is an 'antidote' to even tatoo-ed skin. 
Sephora, my go-to shop for make-up
I am going to test the Kat Von D products on a day that needs me to be a professional engineer when there is day light and rocking rebel when the moon replaces the sun. My ammunition would be the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation and two bullets of Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks.

To check out Kat Von D products, simply click here!

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation in Medium 52 Neutral RM179
30ml 1.0 Oz
I have a neutral shade with a yellow undertone. Therefore, the Medium 52 Neutral absolutely matches my skin. When choosing your foundation colour, make sure that you are honest to yourself. 

Although I WANT to have a pinkish hue, slapping pink tones on my face would only make me turn grey at the end of the day. If you are yellow, choose yellow. Kat Von D's foundation range boasts 32 shades for you to choose from, so there is no shade you cannot find unless you are as green as the Hulk!
32 shades of foundation for you to match your skin with
Packaged in a 1.5 inch diameter transparent barrel with Kat Von D's signature calligraphic logo in silver and black, the pump press is comfortable enough for me to control the right amount pumped out without mess.

This foundation provides full coverage . I simply love the powerful pigmentation that gave my skin the limelight it was deprived of from acne scars. For tatoos, 3 layers or so are needed.

Covering my star tattoo with Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
Photos are not filtered
On my oily skin, it managed to keep my skin matte till lunch. It naturally turned dewy and gave a hydrated look after a while of baking. A little blotting and touch-up and I am ready for my party. After long hours of wear, it still feels like part of my skin and non-cakey with the touch-ups.

I have to applaud its transfer-resistance. The foundation did not stain my black shirt even after I deliberately brush my black shirt on my skin. Thanks to its concoction of silicon elastomers and siliconic esters.
The transfer test after a day's wear on my black blouse
Safely non-transferable
Most important of all, it is paraben-free, sulfate-free and phthalate-free.

 Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks
In a stylish black studded casing that resembles Kat's favourite bracelet, the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstics come in the regular twist up mechanism. However, there is nothing regular about its range of colours. Its continuum includes miraculous pigments with shimmer and cult colours. Sparkling green and black midnight tones are certainly colours that could turn your life around!
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Bachelorette Matte Redish Fuschia (cult favourite) RM60
The glide on the lips is no-doubt smooth. Its colour pigmentation is rich enough for one-time application making my lips pop for the oomph I need according to the attitude I am wearing.

And oh, the sweet Creme Brulee scent just makes me feel so feminine! I adore its velvety finish. It is infused with vitamins A, C and E, an antioxidant that leaves lips feeling supple and most importantly, in the mood for some kiss kiss!

It is no wonder that I find myself indulging in looking in the mirror all the time which my colleagues must have noticed too!
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in L.U.V. Matte Rich Violet (cult favourite) RM60
It is formulated without parabens, sulfates and phtyalates. Available in a wide range of attention seeking pigments and everyday neutral colours. 

Flawless Day Look for Work
The flawless day look when I need a little more boldness in the corporate environment
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Bachelorette Matte Redish Fuschia
Bright red for no-nonsense maturity, balanced with a pink hint for a youthful look.

Flawless Night Look for Party
I am ready to party with that flawless night look in Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in L.U.V. Matte Rich Violet.
Such a fun colour that shouts "I love fashion!" 
Difference between night and day is just 2 lipsticks!

To shop for those Kat Von D products and more, simply click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment