|Reached foot of Broga Hill when still dark|
6 Things to Prepare and Expect when Hiking Broga Hill
1. Prepare a hiking buddy. At least 1.
It is best not to hike alone. A buddy should be there in case of anything. But please don't let that 'anything' deter you from the adventure and reward that awaits
|Food stalls are open early in the morning at the foot of the hill|
2. Expect to wake up very early and have some food
Sun rises from 7.00 am- 7.30 am. Therefore, you need to plan time to reach Semenyih, park your car, reach the top and wait for the sunrise. Do not hike with an empty stomach or a stomach too full.
|When the city glows before dusk is an extremely beautiful view. Makes you want to stop time to admire it all day. Bring a good camera.|
3. What to wear
- Sweat absorbent shirt (a change of shirt if you like)
- GLOVES- you will need it as you will be holding ropes to help ascend and descend the hill. You won't want to skin your delicate hands.
- Shoes with good grip. The bald earth can be slippery especially after rain.
|Hike up up up! It is going to be worth it|
|Reached the first peak!|
4. Essential things to bring
- Torchlight/ Headlamp
- Water and energy bars but there are stalls at the foot hill, so you are not totally cut from food supply.
- Good camera/ handphone camera/ selfie sticks, tripod (there will be breathtaking views at the top and not to mention, the grand sunrise)
- RM3- RM1 for parking, RM1 for restrooms and RM1 for hiking fee which I have further commented at the end of the post.
|So cool and fresh|
5. Be prepared to hike for 30 minutes and meet some challenging terrainsWhile the duration (approximately 30 min) for hike is not too long even for an amateur, the terrain is quite a challenge. Do expect steep and slippery slopes.
|There are now 4 peaks at Broga Hill due to more visitors which leads to more exploration...not exploitation hopefully|
6. Bring a positive mind and appreciationThis is a great way to practice positivity and cleanse the aura. All virtues are needed in this activity- perseverance, discipline, responsibility (to not throw rubbish), appreciation etc. Sometimes, when the weather is cloudy, sunrise might be blocked by mist. That was what happened when I hiked the first time. But I didn't give up!
|I managed to reach the 3rd because the 4th is a little narrow and crowded although higher|
|Nothing better than to just chill and wait for the birth of a new day|
Witnessing the birth of a new day is so REWARDING and AWESOME!
|The sun is out! The beautiful yolk is a sight to behold|
|Let it float up to sky|
|Yeay! I did it!|
|Whoop dee doo daaa|
|Get ready to descend the mountain|
|Becareful because the bald slopes are slippery adding to the danger factor|
|Use the ropes to help you down|
|Nothing happier than food waiting after all the arduous climb|
|Quenching my thirst with a good cool coconut|
|Photo from my 1st climb|
|It is misty but still worth the climb. The air is bursting with freshness|
|Broga Hill is approximately 400m in altitude|
For hiking guides, do contact
GSA Event Management at 03-87370019 or 019-3808889 or visit them on FB at www.facebook.com/GSA-Event-Management-424680204370293
Badrul Hisham at 017-6245344