Saturday, August 1, 2020

Bull's Penis Soup aka Sup Torpedo @ Jalan Doraisamy

The last food that I was hunting for was bull's penis soup before my quest was interupted by MCO.

When we were allowed to walk the streets again, I continued to search for Sup Haji Abu at Jalan Doraisamy and at last! I found it at just a stone's throw away from Dang Wangi lrt station. This stall sells traditional Malay soup.

The famous sup turpedo was unavailable so I ordered sup daging (beef soup). The soup is infused with herbs and spices and yet not too overpowering. It has enough heat but not the numbing kind. It is thick enough to be appreciated with bread which is sold for RM1 for 1/2 a loaf.

I could order this soup just for the beef. Although tucked in the back alley, Haji Abu has got a knack for preparing gourmet standard meat. Find thick chunks of meat in the soup which shows its pink side when you effortlessly sink your teeth into it.

The stall, visited by many food hunters from abroad, opens from 4ish in the afternoon till close to midnight. I'll come back for the bull's penis soup.







#soup #soupdoraisamy #bullspenissoup #supturpedo #supdaging #foodie #jalanjalancarimakan #foodblogger #malaysianlifestyleblogger #malaysianfoodblogger #whattoeatinkl #streetfood #visitmalaysia #foodhunter #eweneats

No comments:

Post a Comment