Saturday, August 22, 2020

Staycation at Dorsett Residences Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur

I used to think that staycations are unnecessary as I will be staying in the same familiar location anyway. But, as I learn how to appreciate the finer things in life, I now view it as a therapy that should be invested in for mental health. In fact, staying in a familiar place makes you focus on relaxing without having to stress over the obligation of checking out a new place. One does not have to go far to break the monotony of urban life. 

Despite hustling in the city day in day out, I somehow chose the same city to have my staycation over one weekend. My staycation smack in the throbbing heart of Kuala Lumpur made me embrace the other side of my work place. It was refreshing to see that stressful location from another perspective. It was 'same same but different'. Although I am technically in KL every day, I barely had time to appreciate the sights and sounds of the capital. There was never enough time to properly marvel at the electricity, to explore the alleys and stay till late. I was always darting from office to office and back home.

I have always wanted to take my time at the KL Golden Triangle area to soak the energy and vibe of the city like a tourist. Because I wanted somewhere that gives me the privilege of staying as late as I want there, I opted for the Dorsett Residence Kuala Lumpur. 

The Dorsett Residences gave me a much affordable alternative with access to the same cityscapes the JW Marriot and the Ritz Carlton have to offer. Check out the entire unit as you scroll down. 

My staycation at the Dorsett Residences

I checked-in into a 2-bedroom premier suite which is 1011 sqft big that comes with a fully equipped kitchen, a welcoming living area and a luxurious bathroom. It was literally like having a much more chic home away from home. There is no doubt that the interiors are stylish and nicely curated with glossy surfaces and tasteful finishing. 

I took advantage of the glass gym which overlooks the city for about an hour before lounging at the infinity pool. Yes there were sights of cranes and buildings but they do not feel intimidating anymore. When viewing it while half your body is soaked in water at the 30th floor, I felt I made peace with the city which I have always complained about. 

Although having good customer service is a given in the hotel industry, Dorsett's hospitality is somewhat different. They are a considerate bunch of people with sustainable concepts that I readily vouch for. Dorsett have now switched from providing shampoos and bath gels in bottles to having them in dispensers as a greener alternative. Their toiletries melts all stress away with their therapeutic scent. It was not easy coming out of the bathroom!

Dorsett Kuala Lumpur, just a 5-minute walk from Pavillion

The Dorsett Residences Bukit Bintang is situated right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle and a the the start of Bintang Walk. it is just a short 5-minute walk to the doorsteps of Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Starhill, Lot 10, Sungei Wang Plaza, BB Plaza, and Low Yat Plaza

After every room is sanitized, the room is sealed with a sticker. Such attention surely is assuring to guests.

From the kitchen to the entrance

The kitchen is well prepared with all the appliances, kitchenware and tableware that you need

The mirrored kitchen and dining area with an elegant chandelier

Just had to cook something up when the kitchen is so well equipped. Heated some Chinese dessert soup that I got from Lot 10 Hutong earlier. 

Dining area to the living hall

The living area where lounged for a good 1 hour watching TV

A little bear to accompany me on my staycation.
Dorsett also provides plenty of ziplock bags for hygiene purposes

The master room with a queen bed

The master room is all glass for you to peer out for a good sight of the city

When you are there, do check out their long and narrow balcony that spans from the master room to the living room. Makes a personal runway for OOTD shots.

The sexy master bathroom

The very space to take indulging bathes

Sleek and elegant design

At Dorsett, there is no need to worry about shampoo and bath gels as they provide quality ones with the therapeutic scent that makes me want to stay in the shower.
I love the concept of having the shampoo and bath gel pumped instead of having them in bottles.
This is more environmental friendly

A soak in the tub after my swim

The 2nd bedroom

The glass gym is such a wonderful place to work out at.
Exercising with a view nourishes the soul.

Making use of the facilities at the Dorsett Residences

Weights for those who can't live without them



A zen place for contemplation. Although there are sights of buildings and cranes, Dorsett's pool lets you make peace with the concrete jungle.

Admiring the city from the infinity pool

Dorsett staff sanitizing the furniture periodically

The sauna at the pool level

The pool by night. The pool closes at 7pm

I spent too much time at the pool and was too hungry to get out to find dinner although there are plenty of food in the vicinity so I decided to call for room service.
Lunch On The Go is available for room service for dinner too. The friendly kitchen staff decided to throw in a big tub of watermelon and a canister of cookies for us! That is how Dorsett go the extra mile for their guests.

Did you know that Dorsett is famous for their gluten-free chocolate chip cookies?
It is indeed the most chocolatey choc chips I know of and they always make me happy!
You can get their Coffee & Cookie Break promo at only RM6.50 nett. It comes with a cup of coffee and 2 pieces of cookies.They are selling them also at RM50 nett for 2 canisters.

If you want to find out more about the attractions in the vicinity of the hotel ask for a copy of Dorsett Discoveries which I think is a reliable guide to explore places as they recommend what locals do other than typical tourist attractions.

Getting out and about at the Bukit Bintang area

All glitz at the Pavillion Kuala Lumpur

Admiring the sophistication of the city at the Bukit Bintang area

Supper at Jalan Alor where you can get most Malaysian street food

A little TV time before sinking my head into the plush pillows and wrapped in the cosy blanket.
Good night!

Served buffet breakfast at the Dorsett. Proper PPE by the staff handling food does comfort me as a guest 

Buffet breakfast at the Dorsett Kuala Lumpur before I am off to work

Lunch On The Go. Check out the generous portion at only RM12.50 nett!
Delivery is free within 3km radius from the hotel, RM3 for 3-6km radius and RM6 for 6-8km radius from the hotel.

To order, call or WhatsApp +6012 674 3509 or +6012 628 0551. You can also order online at https://bit.ly/31tP5EJ

Had a hearty lunch of chicken chop at my office the next day. 
You can bag this exclusive and limited edition Dorsett Eski Bag which keeps hot food hot and cold food cold for just RM25 with a minimum of RM80 spend on the Lunch on the Go menu. 

Asam laksa Penang

Nasi lemak kampung


With the friendly staff of Dorsett who always make you feel valued

Dorsett Kuala Lumpur
172, Jalan Imbi, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +03 2716 1000

For more information, visit www.dorsetthotels.com/dorsett-kualalumpur

#dorsettkualalumpur #dorsetthotels #dinesafe #meetsafe #staysafe #staywell #bettertomorrow


1 comment:

  1. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. building the grand venetian

    ReplyDelete