Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Party at Surf Beach- ACV Music Festival 2015

The ACV Music Festival, I admit, was used as a validation, that after so long I still have not lost it! The pairing of Saturday night and a beach party still managed to appear in my calendar. And who else more suitable to party with than my partner in crime- my baby sister.

It was one entertaining Saturday night
2 VIP tickets to the ACV Music Festival

I have heard of Leng Yein for a long time and followed her on Instagram but I have never heard her music live. That night I finally saw her on stage dishing out party mix with her beau, PointBlanc who was also her MC. She was in a whole new light when she display her dexterity on the sound board. The somewhat "shallow" persona with never-ending plastic attachments, boldly tattooed skin and overexposed body seemed vindicated with her music intelligence. I must admit her music rocks!

DJ Leng Yein on set

A new respect for her in my eyes developed when she personally thanked me for tagging her on Instagram after the concert. Over 400 000 followers and I still receive a personal note from her? She deserves her legion of fans!
Leng Yein working her stuff on the sound board
Sky Blu (8ky 6lu) took over the stage after LYPB. He simply swore too much. The four-letter word punctuated every sentence he spoke. I don't know how "cool" is interpreted in Los Angeles but I did not enjoy his performance much. So my sister and I took a breather at the side of the beach. Sorry fans of Sky Blu, but it was more interesting waiting for Havana Brown with some Somersby Apple Cider in hand.
Enjoying Somersby on the beach benches
At the Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach
Havana Brown appeared effortless in a blue superman t-shirt but hey...it was Havana Brown! Her music was smooth. Her sweet face was never short of smiles. Through her sexy songs, Havana Brown made sure everyone was entertained.
Havana Brown appeared in a simple Superman t-shirt and a matching bandana
Check out the Havana's super shorts and thigh high boots
The emcees of the event was Arnold and RD. I cannot contain my disappointment in them. Perhaps I overestimated the duo.  Being radio announcers of the program that I have always enjoyed (Hitz.fm morning crew) I thought they could do better. RD made it pretty obvious that they were buying time and used the same introduction twice for Havana and Paris. His overload call of "make some noise" did irk me a little. But nonetheless, I supported and we made some noise anyway...hehehe. Well guess it isn't easy emceeing a concert.
My sister and I having a good time
The event backdroped by the majestic Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel
The anchor of the the night's show was supposed to be the hotel heiress Paris Hilton. She came strutting out on the stage in a short green dress that flattered her fit and slender body. However, the cat-ear hair band and green heart-shaped shades reduced her appearance to . She did a little awkward dance with the background dancers before commencing her work on the sound board.
Paris Hilton's opening strut
Honestly, I was between being sympathetic and critical. The crowd began to disperse when she appeared. She left her songs quite flat when she whipped out her mobile phone several times for a selfie. Well, I'll give her an A for effort though. At least she aspires.
Paris Hilton on the board
Paris Hilton attempts to sing
Those being said, my sister and I enjoyed the night thoroughly and had a wonderful time. Thank you to the sponsor of the ticket! May there be more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment